The list of eligible candidates in the Students’ Union election at the at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, has been released.
The list was released on Saturday, a day later than original schedule, by the Division of Students’ Affairs.
The development followed a screening exercise undergone by the candidates, seeking leadership positions through the election coming up on Tuesday.
A total of 19 candidates are to jostle for various positions, with eight eyeing the presidential position.
The following are the eligible candidates seeking various elective positions:
- Dirichi Mesirionye (Geology)
- Ibeugwu Anthony (Mass Communication)
- Igwebuike Ikenna (Micro Biology)
- Julius Goodluck (Forestry)
- Nwagbara Goodluck (Law)
- Ransome Chime (Electrical Engineering)
- Nwebonyi Justin (Public Administration)
- Nzeribe Bethel (Banking and Finance)
- Chikwendu Queen (English and Literature)
- Izuakor Emerald (Law)
- Iheukwu Chinaza (Economics)
- Domanus Valentine (Meteorological and Material Engineering)
- Nwachukwu Innocent (Account)
Director of Social
- Ozoemena Stanley
Public Relations Officer
- Maduiche Chiagozie (Bio Chemistry)
- Muoma Valentine (Political Science)
- Uzoegbo Blaise (Parasitology and Entomology)
Director of Sports
- Oguejiofor Christian (Human Kinetics)
- Okoha Blessing (Human Kinetics)
There are no candidates interested in the offices of the Assistant Secretary and Treasurer.
For the post of Director of social, one of the aspirants, Amalu Foster, was disqualified for failing security screening.
Meanwhile, the presidential aspirants will be reading their manifesto on Monday, December, 18, ahead of the election that holds the following day.
Also , one of the Presidential aspirants Dirichi Mesirionye expressed gratitude to God stressing that the race just began.
He also prayed to win the election and wished other candidates success in their respective pursuits.
Also speaking, the member representing Mass Communucation department in the Students Representative Council, Okafor Chiamaka, noted that the screening was much easier than she expected, adding she is happy the aluta spirit is coming back to the university judging from the number of persons who purchased forms for the elections.
Two Kwara Communities Benefited From Borehole Project, But They Have Since Stopped Working
For many years now, water scarcity has been a challenge in the Ode Opele community in Kwara State. To get…
Federal University Oye-Ekiti Clinches Silver Medal At The 2022 HIFL Competition
The Federal University Oye-Ekiti team won the silver medal in the just concluded Higher Institutions Football League (HIFL) competition. The…