On Thursday the 23rd of July, the Government of Osun State made new appointments, inaugurating a new set of people into the State Executive Council. The appointments are coming less than 12 months after Governor Gboyega Oyetola properly constituted his cabinet with the swearing-in of the first set of Commissioners and Special Advisers on October 24th 2019. During the 2019 inauguration ceremony, the governor announced that his Special Advisers are of Executive Council Status and will be a part of the State Executive Council.
Backlash trailed the delay in the constitution of the cabinet when Governor Oyetola wouldn’t constitute his cabinet until after 11 months in office. Governor Oyetola assumed office on the 27th November 2018, after the expiration of the tenure of his predecessor, Rauf Aregbesola.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Ismail Omipidan, who announced the appointments in a statement on Thursday, said all appointments take effect immediately, adding that the appointments are in line with the commitment of Governor Oyetola to good governance and an all-inclusive government.
The incumbent President of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Osun State Chapter Chairman, Kehinde Ayantunji was named as Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Students’ Affairs and Social Mobilisation while Barrister Salman Waliu was appointed as the commissioner to oversee the State Judicial Service Commission, among other appointments.
The governor charged all the new appointees to bring their various wealth of experiences garnered over the decades to bear on the discharge of their new responsibilities with absolute loyalty and dedication.
Find Below the Full List of the Appointees:
- Mr Femi Adeniran – SA, Osun Investment Promotion Agency (OSIPA).
- Mr Niyi Idowu – SA, General Administration (Governor’s Office).
- Hon. Kameel Oyedele – SA, Legislative Matters.
- Hon. Oyintiloye Olatunbosun – SA, Civic Engagement.
- Aremo Adelabu – SA, (Youths and Sports).
SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANTS
- Comrade Kehinde Ayantunji – SSA, Students’ Affairs and Social Mobilisation.
- Okunade Akeem – SSA, Commerce (Market Development)
- Wahab Oyeniyi – SSA, Mineral Resources.
- Bisi Ogunkale – SSA, Planning.
- Aderoju Akano – SSA, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
- Bello Lukman – SSA, Social Intervention Programmes.
- Adegboro Ilori – SSA, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
- Fasilat Bola Jimoh – SSA, Women and Children Affairs.
- Hon. Leke Ogunsola – Chairman, Osun Primary Healthcare Development Board.
- Barrister Salman Adebayo Waliu – Commissioner, Osun Judicial Service Commission.
FUTA Orders Immediate Investigation Over The Death Of Student
The management of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, (FUTA) has described the death of Adeyinka Daniel, a 200 level…
UNIBEN Announces Resumption Dates For 2020/2021 Academic Session
On Monday the 2nd of August, 2021, the University of Benin announced resumption dates for the 2020/2021 Academic Session. In…