On Thursday the 23rd of July, the Government of Osun State made new appointments, inaugurating a new set of people into the State Executive Council. The appointments are coming less than 12 months after Governor Gboyega Oyetola properly constituted his cabinet with the swearing-in of the first set of Commissioners and Special Advisers on October 24th 2019. During the 2019 inauguration ceremony, the governor announced that his Special Advisers are of Executive Council Status and will be a part of the State Executive Council.
Backlash trailed the delay in the constitution of the cabinet when Governor Oyetola wouldn’t constitute his cabinet until after 11 months in office. Governor Oyetola assumed office on the 27th November 2018, after the expiration of the tenure of his predecessor, Rauf Aregbesola.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Ismail Omipidan, who announced the appointments in a statement on Thursday, said all appointments take effect immediately, adding that the appointments are in line with the commitment of Governor Oyetola to good governance and an all-inclusive government.
The incumbent President of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Osun State Chapter Chairman, Kehinde Ayantunji was named as Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Students’ Affairs and Social Mobilisation while Barrister Salman Waliu was appointed as the commissioner to oversee the State Judicial Service Commission, among other appointments.
The governor charged all the new appointees to bring their various wealth of experiences garnered over the decades to bear on the discharge of their new responsibilities with absolute loyalty and dedication.
Find Below the Full List of the Appointees:
- Mr Femi Adeniran – SA, Osun Investment Promotion Agency (OSIPA).
- Mr Niyi Idowu – SA, General Administration (Governor’s Office).
- Hon. Kameel Oyedele – SA, Legislative Matters.
- Hon. Oyintiloye Olatunbosun – SA, Civic Engagement.
- Aremo Adelabu – SA, (Youths and Sports).
SENIOR SPECIAL ASSISTANTS
- Comrade Kehinde Ayantunji – SSA, Students’ Affairs and Social Mobilisation.
- Okunade Akeem – SSA, Commerce (Market Development)
- Wahab Oyeniyi – SSA, Mineral Resources.
- Bisi Ogunkale – SSA, Planning.
- Aderoju Akano – SSA, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
- Bello Lukman – SSA, Social Intervention Programmes.
- Adegboro Ilori – SSA, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
- Fasilat Bola Jimoh – SSA, Women and Children Affairs.
- Hon. Leke Ogunsola – Chairman, Osun Primary Healthcare Development Board.
- Barrister Salman Adebayo Waliu – Commissioner, Osun Judicial Service Commission.
FUOYE Inaugurates Students’ Representative Council, Principal Officers
Following a postponement, the Students’ Representative Council of the Federal University Oye-Ekiti held her 4th inauguration ceremony and in-house election….
LASU Set To Resume As NASU, SSANU Suspend Ongoing Strike
The Lagos State University (LASU) announced the resumption of its usual activities on Thursday, February 25, 2021. This comes after…